Columbus Ohio Patio Door Installation
Did you know the same company that can give your home a makeover by beautifying the siding, windows, and gutters can also give you new, gorgeous set of patio doors?
Columbus Windows & Siding is proud to offer best in class Simonton doors in a variety of styles and price points. They are one of the most popular remodeling features that we offer.
Remodeling Magazine’s “Cost vs. Value Report” says quick and inexpensive changes to your home, like door replacement, can boost its resale value. If you’ve decided that it’s time this spring to talk to Columbus Windows & Siding about patio doors, what are some of the decisions you’ll need to make during our consultation?
What style patio door will you need?
When we think of patio doors, we imagine the typical glass slider doors. These are both space-saving and attractive options. Homeowners love how the full glass lightens a room, making it seem larger and more open. But you could also consider the dramatic appeal of swinging patio doors, which come in French, garden, and center-hinged styles. These doors are always customizable in a variety of ways to make the exterior feel of your home.
What patio door material should we select?
Patio doors come in a variety of materials. Some of your choices include:
- Vinyl patio doors are maintenance free, durable, and can handle the toughest weather. It’s also less expensive, but still has a high-energy efficiency that will keep your heating costs down.
- Wood patio doors are stylish, and you can stain or paint them any way you like. They are more expensive than vinyl and do require upkeep.
- Fiberglass patio doors are maintenance-free, weather-durable, and just like vinyl, can be customized and painted any color. Fiberglass is the most expensive of all these options, because of its long-lasting durability.
- Aluminum patio doors are the least expensive and are very lightweight. They are not as energy efficient and they can dent and scratch more easily.
Should I upgrade my patio door?
Here’s where it gets fun. You have a number of customizations available with Simonton and each one can add to the outside appeal of your home. Some options include:
- Glass grid styles including diamond and colonial.
- Door hardware including nickel, polished brass, dark bronze, and more.
- Interior and exterior color choices are almost limitless.
- Blinds inside the glass is one of the more innovative features added to patio doors in the past few years.
- Screen door options could include heavier pet screen or other upgrades.
But we’re just getting started. Did you know we could install impact resistant doors, which add an invisible plastic layer between the panes of glass? During a big storm, the exterior of the patio door may shatter but the inner layer will hold the interior glass together, which will protect those inside from flying debris.
Contact the patio door installation team at Columbus Window & Siding today to discuss these and other options that will make your home shine brightly this summer.