Why Gutters Matter
Most people don’t give a lot of thought to their gutters. Until they fail. Then that’s all you can think about. Gutter failure can cause serious damage to your home including flooding a crawlspace or basement or even cracking your foundation.
So, while you may think gutters are generally a boring topic, spring is the perfect time to take care of preventative maintenance or even full gutter replacement, which will help ensure that your gutters remain boring and not top of mind.
Gutters – Fix ‘em and Forget ‘em
Gutters do a lot more for your home than you realize:
- They keep the soil around a building stable, which in turn keeps your foundation stable.
- Gutters help prevent basement flooding.
- They keep your pretty landscaping or patio from washing away.
- Gutters help keep your sidewalks from cracking prematurely.
- They keep water from staining the sides of your house and walkways.
Columbus Windows & Siding understands the importance of gutters and how a clogged or leaking pipe can ruin your home. We are frequently called upon to completely replace the exterior gutter system as part of a vinyl siding renovation project. We typically advise a homeowner that it may be more cost effective to replace the entire gutter system when we see one or more of the following issues:
- Cracked or split gutters can lead to mold and mildew on the boards behind your gutters and on the roofline. It can also split the shingles on your roof.
- Pools of water forming on the sidewalks under and around your gutters.
- Watermarks on your siding or the outside surface walls of your home.
- Sagging or broken gutters. This often happens when the gutters are clogged with leaves and debris. When it rains water accumulates adding weight, and a sag or outright break can occur.
Finding the right partner to help you repair and prevent the damage from gutters that need a facelift can make all the difference. They should be able to help you determine whether a patch or full replacement makes the most sense.
Gutters and Siding
When you’re ready to make a change that will replace your worn out gutters with a long-lasting and effective water maintenance system, call Columbus Windows & Siding. Our experienced team specializes in seamless gutters, which, as you might imagine, are virtually leak-proof and with proper maintenance, can last a lifetime. Our gutters are manufactured by hand on-site to your home’s exact specifications.
Speaking of maintenance, we highly recommend installation of our gutter guards, which keeps you from having to climb up every year and clean out the old leaves and debris from the gutter pans. Without leaf guards, you might experience gutter stoppages, leaks, and ice dams next winter.
Columbus Windows & Siding offers a variety of colors and styles of gutters to match your home. If the time is right, we’d like to talk with you about vinyl siding as well, especially if your home has unsightly water stains from gutters that have malfunctioned. Contact us today to find out more about how you can help protect your home with seamless gutters and gutter guards.